Easiest Rhodes Rolls (Frozen Dinner Rolls w/ Butter and Herbs)
These Rhodes Rolls are the easiest rolls ever! Once they rise, all you need is 5 minutes of prep time and a short bake in the oven. Out pops perfectly golden brown, buttery, soft pillows of dough sprinkled with salt and herbs. It's magic! With so many flavor variations these are irresistible.
Servings: 12 rolls
- nonstick spray or oil for greasing
- 12 Rhodes rolls, 57 gram or 15 of the 38 gram
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley, chopped
Spray a 12 inch skillet with nonstick spray or lightly grease with oil. Place 12 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls evenly around the pan leaving equal space in between them. Take a piece of plastic wrap and drape it over the rolls. Spray the top of the plastic warp with the nonstick spray. Turn over the plastic wrap so that the sprayed side is towards the rolls. Allow them to rise 3-5 hours until the rolls have doubled in size.
12 Rhodes rolls, 57 gram, nonstick spray
When the rolls have are ready preheat oven to 350°. While the oven is heating, melt the butter and mix in the salt and herbs. Pour 4 tablespoons of melted butter mixture over tops of rolls, saving the rest for the end. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley,, ¼ teaspoon salt
When the rolls are finished baking remove them from the oven and gently brush or spoon over the remaining butter, herb, and salt mixture. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
We love comments! Please come back and leave us one after you’ve tried this recipe.
Quick Thaw Methods
Method 1: Preheat oven to 175° while you prepare rolls as stated in step 1 above. Before placing the rolls in the oven be sure to turn it off. After the first 1 hour begin checking the rolls every 30 minutes until they have doubled in size. Once thawed, remove pan from the oven and continue as directed in step 2 above.
Method 2: Place the pan of frozen rolls in the oven with the light on and a pour hot water into a shallow pan that's set on the lower rack. Place the rolls on the rack above the pan of water and close the door. Once thawed, remove pan from oven and follow the same instructions as in step 2 above.
Overnight Thawing Method
Place the prepared pan of Rhodes frozen dinner rolls into the refrigerator for 8-10 hours or overnight, but the next morning (or after 8-10 hours in the refrigerator) they need to be put in a warm place for about an hour. Again, you are looking for the rolls to be soft and fluffy. Follow the baking instructions as directed above starting at step 2.
Tips & Tricks for Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
- Spray plastic wrap with nonstick spray. If not the rolls will deflate when the plastic is removed.
- For the perfect texture do not them them over rise. They will still be worth eating but not quite as good. Wonder how I know? 😉
- Pour the buttery over the tops of the rolls paying special attention not to miss the outside edge.
- If you use the smaller (38 gram size) rolls it will take 15 Rhodes rolls per pan. Also, they won’t rise quite as tall as the ones in the picture, but they will have the same soft and fluffy “baby’s bottom” look. They also might thaw and rise a bit more quickly, closer to the three hour mark than the five hour mark.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 146IU | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg