The Best Brown Butter Rice Pilaf
Moist, nutty, and perfectly craveable Brown Butter Rice Pilaf! With just 4 simple ingredients this makes a perfect addition to your weekly meal rotation. Stove top, Instant Pot, make ahead, how to freeze, and reheat instructions included.
- 3 cups water may substitute with chicken broth
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes leave out if using chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter salted
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup fideo orzo, vermicelli, or thin spaghetti may be substituted
In microwave safe dish or on the stove top heat the water/bouillon mix or chicken stock until very hot.
Over medium high heat melt butter in 4 quart or larger pot. Add fideo and stir occasionally until the pasta is really dark brown. Once the pasta is done stir in rice.
Pour in the hot liquid and immediately cover pot with tight fitting lid. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the lid on for another 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Instant Pot Instructions
In microwave safe dish or on the stove top heat the water/bouillon mix or chicken stock until very hot. Only use 2 ½ cups of water, not three.
Turn Instant Pot on to saute. Melt butter. Add fideo to butter and stir occasionally until pasta is really dark brown. Then stir in rice. Turn Instant Pot to off. Pour in the 2 ½ cups of hot water/bouillon mix or stock. Put on lid and set the vent to sealing. Select the Manual button and set for 16 minutes. Once it is finished cooking allow to naturally release for 10 minutes. Carefully open. Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Heat water/bouillon mixture while browning the pasta.
- Make sure the fideo is really dark brown before adding in the rice.
- While simmering don't lift the lid on the pot. The rice needs all the moisture inside to be tender and moist.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg