BELT Sandwiches (BLT + Egg)
BELT Sandwiches (BLT + Egg) are loaded with crispy bacon, fresh vegetables, and perfect fried eggs. Surprisingly versatile, they make a fantastic breakfast, lunch, OR dinner. It's an easy sandwich recipe that won't steer you wrong!
- 18-24 slices bacon thick-cut is best
- 6 eggs
- 12 slices bread soft white is best
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 large tomatoes romas, heirlooms, or on-the-vine
- 6 pieces lettuce iceberg, romaine, butterhead, mixed greens, or spinach
Other Optional Toppings
- avocado, cheese, sliced onion, mustard, candied bacon, aoili
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil. Line bacon on sheet pan, alternating wide and narrow ends. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until it reaches desired crispiness (thin-cut bacon will take less time).
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. Fry eggs to desired doneness. Salt and pepper lightly for flavor. (For sheet pan cooking option, see notes).
To prepare the rest of the components, toast the bread, slice the tomatoes thinly, and wash and dry the lettuce.
Spread thin layer of mayo on 6 slices of bread (about 2 tsp on each slice). Arrange lettuce, tomato, and thick layer of bacon on top. Add fried egg and any additional (optional) toppings. Top with remaining slices of bread and serve.
Tips & Tricks
Sheet Pan Eggs
Place sheet pan in 400° oven and allow to get hot for 5-8 minutes. Once hot, remove from oven and spray with non stick spray. Crack your eggs directly onto the pan, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 5-6 minutes. Check them often in the last few minutes and take them out once they’ve reached the desired doneness.
- The difference between a good sandwich and a great one is in the quality of ingredients. Choose soft, moist bread. Buy high-quality, thick-cut bacon. Fresh, flavorful lettuce and tomatoes will go a long way in elevating the flavor. Go for quality and you won’t be disappointed!
Calories: 577kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 860mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1306IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 3mg