Famous Farm Buttermilk Pancakes
Famous Farm Pancakes are classic buttermilk pancakes made with super simple ingredients. It is the easiest recipe and yields moist, golden, and delicious pancakes every time!
Servings: 8 5" pancakes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup flour Or use ½ regular flour and ½ whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Fresh berries strawberries, blackberries, blueberries
- Apples or peaches thinly sliced
- Chocolate chips
- Toasted coconut
- Maple syrup
- Triple Berry Topping
- Honey butter syrup (equal parts honey and butter melted in microwave)
- Peanut butter
- Nuts pecans, almonds, walnuts
Beat together the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
Heat a griddle over medium heat. Spray lightly with oil or melted butter. Allow it to heat for 5 minutes before cooking.
Scoop batter onto the griddle, using about ½ cup of batter per pancake. Allow to cook until the edges appear cooked and start to dry out, bubbles begin to pop, and bottom of pancake is golden brown. **If using toppings, add them once the edges begin to set.
Flip pancakes and continue to cook until golden brown. Serve with syrup or toppings of your choice.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t substitute with homemade buttermilk… the texture just isn’t quite the same.
- Make your pancakes with fresh batter. If the batter sits too long, the rising agents (baking soda and baking powder) will not be as effective.
- Flip the pancakes when the edges appear cooked, bubbles are popping on the top, and the bottom of the pancakes is golden brown.
- If you are using toppings, add them to the wet side of the pancake once you see bubbles start to form. If you add them too soon, it can flatten the pancakes unnecessarily.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg