Triple Berry Cobbler
Bursting with fresh berry flavor, this cobbler layers an easy 4 ingredient berry filling with a store bought cake mix. Best of all no mixer required. Get ready to awaken memories of summertime!
- 2 lbs triple berry mix frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 box butter yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk plus more depending on brand of cake mix
- vanilla ice cream optional
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread butter evenly over 9x13 pan.
Combine berries, sugar, juice, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour into 9x13 baking pan.
Dump the yellow cake mix in a bowl. Look on the back of the box and see how much water it calls for. Now add ¼ cup to that and substitute that amount with milk. For example: if the back of the box calls for 1 cup of water, then you would add 1 ¼ cups milk. Just to be clear, you do not add any water to the batter. Only milk. Whisk until combined. Pour over berry filling and carefully spread batter across pan.
Bake for 40-50 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t skimp on the butter!
- Be sure not to over whisk the cake batter. A little lumpy is ok.
- If baking two pans at once, switch the oven racks they are on halfway through.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 291IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg