The Ultimate Grilled Taco Marinade
Fresh ingredients, unbelievable flavor, and an easy blender process - this truly is The Ultimate Grilled Taco Marinade! Great on chicken or skirt steak, the final result makes for top notch tacos, burritos, Mexican bowls, nachos, and more.
Servings: 3 cups
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar or substitute white vinegar
- ⅓ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ⅓ cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- ½ head of cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion yellow
- ½ red bell pepper chopped in large chunks
- 1-2 jalapenos use 2 if you prefer spicier food
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1½ tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until mostly smooth (marinade will still have texture, but should not have any large chunks).
Marinate chicken or skirt steak for 8 hours or overnight. Makes enough marinade for 5-6 lbs of meat. Grill and serve in tacos, burritos, bowls, or nachos.
Freezer option: Pour marinade over meat and freeze in ziptop bag. Thaw meat overnight in the fridge or at room temperature for several hours the day of serving. Grill and serve.
Tips & Tricks
***Marinade lasts for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Use the freshest ingredients possible for the best flavor. Freshly juiced limes and oranges, especially, make a big impact on the end result.
- Although you can marinate the meat for only 8 hours, it becomes significantly more flavorful when you marinate it overnight. Shoot for overnight if possible.
Serving: 4tbsp | Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 314IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg