Easy and Moist Banana Bread
This easy Banana Bread recipe yields supremely moist, perfectly soft banana bread with bits of crunchy walnuts and coconut throughout. Whether made as muffins, loaves, or a bundt, it is an irresistible treat to serve for breakfast, feed to a brunch crowd, or freeze ahead.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter melted and cooled
- 3 ripe bananas mashed until smooth
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk 2% or whole
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (or use pecans, cashews, macadamia)
- 1 cup shredded coconut sweetened (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 2 9" loaf pans with baking spray. **For muffin or bundt instructions, see notes.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. Add the melted butter and mix on low speed using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Blend until butter is thoroughly incorporated and batter forms small lumps.
In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix on low until combined, scraping the bowl as needed. Batter will be slightly lumpy; don't overmix.
Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the walnuts and coconut. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool in loaf pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling to room temperature on cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners or spray pan generously with baking spray. Divide batter evenly into 24 muffins. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and finish cooling on cooling rack.
Spray 10" bundt pan generously with baking spray. Fill with batter and bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack and allow to come to room temperature.
Allow bread to cool to room temperature, then wrap in a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of tinfoil. Freeze for up to 3-4 months. Thaw at room temperature on the counter for a few hours or in the fridge overnight.
- Use very ripe bananas for the most flavor (they should be heavily streaked with black and brown spots). Then mash them thoroughly until smooth to avoid chunks of banana in the bread.
- Fully incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients. If any dry spots are left, it won’t mix into the wet ingredients as well.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula often. Ingredients tend to hide out at the bottom of the bowl or cling to the sides, so scrape, scrape scrape after each step.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 324mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg