Quick & Easy Tzatziki Sauce
With less than 10 minutes of hands-on time, this Easy Tzatziki Sauce is a high-protein, yogurt-based dip perfect for making ahead and enjoying all week. Pair with vegetables, soft pitas, or chips for a snack. Plus it makes the perfect topping for a gyro or Greek salad.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 medium English cucumber
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
Using the medium size holes on a box grater shred the cucumber. Place grated cucumber in a metal sieve set over a bowl. Sprinkle with kosher salt and stir. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Squeeze or press out remaining liquid.
Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and stir together. Serve with vegetables and pita or as a condiment on a gyro.
- Strain the cucumber for at least 10 minutes and squeeze or press the extra water out of it.
- Use fresh garlic, lemon juice, and dill.
Serving: 3tablespoon | Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg