Easy Oven-Baked Bacon + 3 Candied Options
Easy hands-free bacon that comes out of the oven evenly crispy, mildly salty, and lightly sweet. It's simple to make with very little mess and addictive results!
- 1 lb bacon preferably thick-cut
Candied Option 2
- 2 ½ tbsp real maple syrup
Candied Option 3
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp real maple syrup
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder add more for additional heat
Basic Oven-Baked Bacon
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
Line bacon on sheet pan alternating wide and narrow ends.
For candied options see below.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until desired crispness. Thick slices take longer than thin.
Cool on paper towels to drain.
For Candied Options
Option 1 & 2: After step 3, evenly apply topping to bacon. Proceed with recipe.
Option 3: Combine sugar, syrup, and chili powder. Evenly apply to bacon. Proceed with recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- Choose quality bacon, preferably thick-sliced. Look for bacon that has meat from end to end.
- In order to fit more slices on each sheet, alternate the wide and thin ends of each slice.
- When baking multiple sheets, rotate halfway through to ensure even baking.
- Watch carefully at the end because it will burn quickly.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 156mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg