Perfect Oven Roasted Broccoli
Tender broccoli with irresistibly crispy, caramelized tips! This Perfect Oven Roasted Broccoli recipe only needs 5 ingredients and 15 minutes. It's an easy and healthy side dish that everyone will love!
- 8 cups broccoli florets approx 16 oz
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- pepper to taste
Position the oven rack on the bottom rung. Place a sheet pan on the rack, close the door, then preheat the oven to 500°F.
While the oven and pan are heating, trim the broccoli florets of any dark spots and cut them into 1-2 inch pieces.
Once the oven is hot, place the broccoli in a large bowl. Toss with oil, salt, sugar, and pepper.
Immediately pull the hot pan out of the oven and toss the broccoli on the pan in a single layer. Turn the flat sides down on the pan for extra crispiness.
Place pan on the bottom rack and bake for 9-11 minutes, until broccoli it tender, crispy, and golden.
Tips & Tricks
- Turn the flat side of the broccoli pieces down on the sheet pan. This helps the sides get extra crispy.
- Let the pan get very hot in the oven before putting the broccoli on it. This is one of the secrets to great caramelization!
- Don't overcrowd the pan. If the broccoli doesn't fit in a single layer, use two sheet pans.
Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Add minced garlic during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking time.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top after cooking.
- Shredding fresh parmesan on top after cooking.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 756IU | Vitamin C: 108mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg