4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Potato Soup
This 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Potato Soup transforms pantry basics into a creamy, comforting bowl of goodness. Add bacon, cheese, and green onions to make it taste like a loaded baked potato or serve as is for a classic soup everyone will love.
- 3 lb russet potatoes peeled, chopped, and rinsed (8-9 cups cup into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 onion chopped
- 5-6 cups water
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk may need an additional cup to reach desired consistency
- salt & pepper to taste
- bacon cooked and crumbled
- cheddar cheese shredded
- green onions thinly sliced
Chop potatoes and onions. Add to slow cooker with water. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Once potatoes are falling apart, remove 1 cup of water. Add butter and 1 cup of milk, then carefully place immersion blender in the slow cooker and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can place contents in a blender until smooth. Add additional milk if necessary.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve as is or with toppings.
Tips & Tricks
The best way to heat potato soup in on the stovetop thinning with a little more milk. However, the microwave works as well. Just be sure to stir the bowl often of the edges of the soup will over cook. Thin with milk to the consistency you prefer.
- Test one of the larger potato pieces before blending. When you touch it with a fork it should break apart effortlessly. It should be super soft!
- Don’t turn on the immersion blender until you have put at least 1 cup of milk or the potatoes will become gummy.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 1026mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 416IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg