Easy 3-Ingredient Cheese Ball Recipe
This Easy 3-Ingredient Cheese Ball Recipe is a classic snack or appetizer made with cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and chopped walnuts. It takes just 5 minutes to make and is perfect for serving at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other holiday gatherings.
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1½ tablespoon dry ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix until thoroughly combined.
Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter or other hard surface. Spread the chopped walnuts in the middle of the plastic.
Scoop the cream cheese onto the nuts. Using the plastic wrap, form the cream cheese into a tight ball, pressing the outside into the nuts.
Once evenly shaped and covered in nuts, wrap the cheese ball tightly and refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to 5 days.
Tips & Tricks
This cheese ball will last up to 5 days in the fridge if wrapped tightly with plastic or stored in a sealed container.
- Use softened cream cheese, but not warm. If it is too soft, it won’t easily form a ball or hold its shape.
- Shape the ball with the plastic wrap, then wrap it tightly before refrigerating to keep it fresh.
- Let the cheese ball chill for at least an hour before serving so that it is firm and holds its shape.
- For extra holiday fun, form the cheese ball into shapes with large cookies cutters (we’ve done turkeys, Christmas trees, and snowflakes before). I would form the cream cheese into the shape, then add nuts after.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg