Breakfast Egg Bake with Bacon and Green Chilis
This Breakfast Egg Bake with Bacon and Green Chilis takes the familiar flavors of the Southwest and puts them together in an easy-to-bake casserole. Make-ahead instructions make it perfect for an easy weekend brunch or a special holiday menu!
Servings: 12 slices
- 12 oz bacon approx. 8 thick slices, diced
- 15 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup diced green chilis
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 6 oz cheddar cheese grated, about 2 cups
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 9x13 inch pan with baking spray.
Cook bacon approximately 10 minutes in a skillet over medium-high heat, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Mix together cooked bacon and remaining ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 55-60 minutes until the top is just set.
Tips & Tricks
Make-Ahead (2 options)
- Make sure the bacon goes in as crispy as you want it. It will not get crispier while it bakes.
- Don’t skip the garlic powder. It really is the extra little something that makes this recipe spectacular.
- Cook the bacon and let it cool. Then mix the rest of the ingredients together. Store in a bowl (I like to use a large handled measuring cup) until the next morning. In the morning, give the ingredients a quick stir and pour into a prepared pan. I prefer this method because it takes up less space in the fridge and the ingredients won’t slosh out of the baking pan
- Pour all the ingredients into a prepared baking dish and cover tightly. Store in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, bake as directed. Note: be careful when transferring the baking dish full of eggs. It can easily slosh out of the pan.
- Add crumbled, cooked sausage.
- Make this meatless by omitting the bacon. Add in sautéed bell peppers and onions instead.
- Add chopped spinach into the egg mix.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg