Extra Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Extra Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings are ultra-crispy on the outside and perfectly juicy on the inside! The secret to success is using baking powder and a super hot oven to get perfect results every time. Then toss in a delicious Garlic Parmesan Sauce for mouth-watering wings.
Servings: 4 lbs (18-20 wings)
- 4 lbs chicken wings (if frozen, thaw completely)
- 1 tbsp aluminum free baking powder (not baking soda)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp pepper
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup (.25 oz) parmesan cheese grated
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line two sheet pans with foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
If wings are sitting in juices, drain over the sink for several minutes.
Use paper towels to pat the chicken wings as dry as possible. Toss into a large bowl, then add baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the wings in the seasoning mixture.
Line wings on prepped sheet pans, leaving space in between each one. Bake for 30 minutes, then flip the wings with tongs and bake for 30 minutes more.
While chicken wings are baking, make the garlic parmesan sauce by combining the melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Once wings are finished baking, place in large bowl. Drizzle garlic parmesan sauce on top, then toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
Can I use baking soda instead of baking powder?
- Make sure to use aluminum free baking powder to avoid a metallic taste.
- The KEY to crispy wings is getting them as dry as possible before baking. Drain them well, then pat extra dry with paper towels.
- Use real parmesan cheese, preferably that you grate yourself.
- No, baking soda can not be used instead. It will leave a very bitter taste on the wings. Make sure to use aluminum free baking powder for best results.
Calories: 712kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 1046mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 429mg | Iron: 3mg