Maple Pecans - 3 Ingredients
These Maple Pecans are sweet and crunchy. The perfect addition to salads, oatmeal, desserts, or great for snacking on their own.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup pecans halves or pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and stir until they begin to smell fragrant about 5 minutes.
Add butter stirring constantly to ensure that each nut is covered.
Pour in maple syrup. It will sputter and bubble. Immediately turn heat to low and cook for 1 minute stirring regularly. Remove pan from heat. Set a timer for 1 minute. Stir pecans again. Do this a total of 5 times. The pan might still be warm but it shouldn't be hot. Allow pecans to cool in the pan until room temperature.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a skillet that will allow for the pecans to be in one layer. Crowding the pan will keep them from forming their coating correctly.
- Don't add the maple syrup until the butter has coated each pecan. It helps the syrup form an even coating on every nut.
- After adding the syrup you want to remove the nuts from the heat and stir them each minute for five minutes.
- Walnuts or almonds can be used in place of pecans.
Serving: 2tablespoon | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg