Autumn Chopped Salad
This Autumn Chopped Salad combines succulent pears, salty bacon, tart cranberries, sharp cheese, and crunchy pecans with a sweet balsamic dressing on a bed of romaine. If you are looking for a special salad to wow your guests this is it!
- 8 cups romaine hearts chopped
- 1 pear chopped
- 8 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 recipe Maple Pecans chopped
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- ½ cup poppy seed dressing
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line sheet pan with parchment or foil for easy clean up. Place bacon on sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes until crisp.
Make Maple Pecans according to recipe.
Place romaine in serving bowl. Top with pears, bacon, pecans, cheese, and cranberries.
Add dressings to a jar. Shake vigorously to combine. Pour dressing over salad. Use tongs to gently toss. Serve immediately.
Ways to Simplify
Up Your Game
- Bacon: real bacon bits that are already cooked and chopped.
- Cheese: use pre-shredded or cubed cheese.
- Pecans: use candied nuts. They're usually found in the produce section.
Make Ahead Instructions: The prep can be done the day before. Wash and cut lettuce to size. I like to store mine in this salad spinner because it keeps the lettuce from turning brown on the edges. Prep all toppings except for the pear, which should be done the day of. Store each component separately. Finally, combine dressings and store in refrigerator.
- Bacon: try this Easy Oven Baked Bacon with 3 Candied Options. It will blow your mind.
- Cheddar: use an extra sharp one. My personal favorite is Tillamock extra-sharp cheddar.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 8467IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1mg