Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
Bake this Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe with honey and maple syrup instead of refined sugars for a nutritious breakfast that can be made ahead and eaten on the go. You can customize with add-ins of your choice, plus using this baking method is sure to get crunchy granola clusters that everyone will love!
Servings: 12 cups
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp molasses optional
- ¾ cup neutral oil canola, vegetable, coconut, sunflower, avocado, etc.
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 2 cups chopped nuts and seeds any combination
- 2 tbsp cinnamon plus an extra tablespoon if desired
Preheat oven to 250°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray heavily with baking spray.
On the stove or in the microwave warm the honey, maple syrup, molasses, and oil.
In a large bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients. Add in liquid mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
Spread mixture onto cookie sheets. Cook for a total of 90 minutes, stirring and rotating the pans between oven racks every 30 minutes. After cooking for 90 minutes, stir one final time, then gently press and smooth over the top of the granola. Place the granola back in the oven, turn it off, and close the door. Allow the granola to cool in the oven until room temperature, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Once cool, break up with hands and place in an airtight container.
Tips & Tricks
- The biggest tip is to follow the baking directions as directed. That is the key to crunchy granola clusters.
- Be sure to mix until everything is evenly moist.
- Dried fruit: regular raisins, golden raisins, cranberries, cherries, blueberries, apricots, mango, apples, coconut
- Nuts: Walnuts, pecans, cashews, macadamia, peanuts, pistachio.
- Seeds: Flax, chia, sesame, pumpkin (pepitas), sunflower.
Serving: 5tbsp | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg