The Easiest Cream Biscuits
These Cream Biscuits only need 5 ingredients and come together in a flash! Pillow-soft on the inside and beautifully golden on the outside, you won’t believe something SO good comes together SO fast.
Servings: 10 Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups heavy cream plus 1-3 additional tbsp as needed
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the cream, mixing gently until a soft, moist dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead together gently for about 30 seconds, incorporating all dry crumbs.
Pat the dough into a circle about ¾ inch thick. Using a 2 inch circle biscuit cutter, cut biscuits and place onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake on middle rack for 13-15 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
Tips & Tricks
Instructions for Making Ahead
Make and cut the biscuits and freeze before baking. Bake straight from frozen for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Think gentle in every step. The key to keeping these tender instead of tough is to stir, knead, and cut gently.
- Resist the temptation to add more cream to the dough. It should be just moist enough to leave only a few dry crumbs. Adding too much cream will cause the biscuits to spread when baking instead of holding their shape.
- When cutting the biscuits, dip the cutter in flour first to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Press the cutter straight up and down without twisting at the bottom. This will help the biscuits rise evenly.
- Place the biscuits upside down on the cookie sheets when baking to help them rise a bit taller.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg