Skillet Apricot Chicken
This Skillet Apricot Chicken is pan-seared until golden and juicy, then covered in a sweet and sticky apricot jam glaze! It’s an easy weeknight dinner made in one pan (or electric skillet) in just 25 minutes. Get ready for rave reviews and a happy family!
- 3 large chicken breasts trimmed and cut in half horizontally
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup apricot jam
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon ground mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Sprinkle each side of the chicken with kosher salt and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
While the chicken is sitting, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Combine the flour and pepper in a flat dish. Coat each side of the chicken in flour and vigorously shake off the excess. The layer should be very thin.
In an electric skillet heated to 350° or skillet on the stove over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook the chicken on the first side until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
Flip the chicken and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the apricot sauce and simmer until the sauce has thickened into a glaze and the chicken is cooked through, 2-4 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
- Try to slice the breasts as evenly as possible to ensure that they cook in the same amount of time.
- Use a light hand when flouring the chicken. It should have a thin coating. A thick coating just results in a gummy coating.
- Cook over medium heat. If it is too hot the outside of the chicken breast will cook before the inside is done.
- If using a non-stick pan or skillet, be sure to use rubber tipped tongs. Metal tongs will scratch up your skillet.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 782mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg