Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts are juicy, tender, and flavored with the BEST honey mustard grilling sauce. It’s a fast and easy dinner made without marinade in under 25 minutes! Plus we’ve included tips for keeping your grilled chicken moist every time. Let’s grill!
- 3 chicken breasts trimmed and cut in half horizontally
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard or stone ground or spicy brown mustard
- 1½ tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Heat your grill to medium-high heat and allow to get hot.
While heating, sprinkle kosher salt evenly on both sides of chicken breasts, then set aside for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients together.
Once hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook without moving for 5-6 minutes, or until the edges begin to change color and become dry (see picture in post).
Generously brush ⅓ of the sauce onto the chicken. Flip and brush with another ⅓ of the sauce, then allow to cook for 4-5 minutes more, or until it reaches 160°F.
Once cooked, flip the chicken one last time and brush with remaining sauce. Remover from the grill and serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
Store leftover chicken in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave on medium heat until warmed through.
- For moist chicken, sprinkle each side with kosher salt and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- Don’t overcook the chicken. If they start to brown too soon, move them to the unheated side of the grill and close the lid while they finish cooking.
- For pretty grill lines, resist the urge to move the chicken once you set it on the grill.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg