Easy Corn Tortilla Quesadilla (Taco Quesadilla)
Ready in 15 minutes or less, this Easy Corn Tortilla Quesadilla (Taco Quesadilla) is a crispy tortilla loaded with a gooey melting cheese and flavorful filling - a perfect recipe for leftover taco meat! It’s a quick and easy weeknight dinner, delicious appetizer, or snack.
- 12 corn tortillas, yellow or white
- 6 oz shredded cheese oaxaca, colby, jack, mozzarella, or cheddar
- 1.5 cups leftover taco meat or shredded chicken
- oil any neutral flavored
- optional toppings salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole
Heat the skillet over medium-high heat or the griddle to 350°.
Brush oil onto griddle or pan surface. Lay down bottom corn tortillas. Top each one with ½ an ounce of cheese (approximately 2 tablespoons), ¼ cup of taco meat or shredded chicken, then another ½ ounce of cheese.
Place a corn tortilla on top of each quesadilla and brush the top with oil. Cook on the first side until golden brown, then flip and continue to cook until golden and crispy.
Remove from griddle and cut in half. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Tips & Tricks
The tortillas will shrink as they cook, but will be uniform when finished cooking.
Reheat in a toaster oven at 400º for 10 minutes.
- Use just enough oil. Too much will make them soggy and too little won’t allow them to get crispy and they will be dry
- Cook over medium-high heat. Low heat will keep the tortillas soft.
- Use your imagination to fill these. Just be sure to sandwich the filling in between the cheese. Otherwise, the filling ingredients will fall out.
Serving: 1quesadilla | Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 207IU | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 1mg