Easy Green Beans Almondine
Green Beans Almondine is a fast and easy side dish using frozen green beans, fresh lemon, and toasted almonds. Both flavorful and healthy, this recipe is a win-win that can be done in under 15 minutes!
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 24 oz frozen green beans
- 4 tbsp sliced almonds toasted
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp butter
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet (cast iron is best). When skillet is very hot, add green beans. Stir occasionally, allowing green beans to brown and blister. Cook until tender-crisp, or 10-12 minutes.
Stir in butter. Top with toasted almonds and juice of 1 lemon.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a cast iron skillet to cook the green beans faster and develop more wonderful color.
- Get the skillet super hot before adding the green beans. If you don’t, the green beans cook slower and won’t brown.
- Add the butter after the green beans are cooked. If you add the butter with the oil in the beginning, the green beans will have a harder time browning… seeing a theme here?
- Use skinny green beans if possible. They cook faster and (you guessed it) brown better than the larger ones.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 899IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg