Roasted Pineapple Habanero Salsa
Veggies roasted to perfection, sweet pineapple, and fiery habaneros make this Roasted Pineapple Habanero Salsa the star of every party. It’s super easy, comes together in a flash, and promises to be addicting every time!
Servings: 6 cups
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 4 jalapenos stems removed
- ¼ large sweet onion cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 cup cilantro thick stems removed
- 2 habaneros stems removed
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, tidbits, or slices in 100% juice
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
Line tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions on baking sheet. Broil on high (about 4 inches below broiler) for 5 minutes. Flip the veggies and roast for 5 more minutes until they are blistered and charred.
Place roasted veggies, cilantro, habaneros, pineapple, and salt in food processor. Pulse until desired consistency. (If using a small food processor, pulse half the ingredients at a time).
Allow to cool to room temperature or refrigerate if preferred.
Tips & Tricks
- Cut off the thick stems of the cilantro before using. Cilantro stems are good in some recipes, but they make this salsa a bit woody. I cut off the stems just below the leafy greens.
- Smell the jalapeños to gauge the spiciness. Generally, the spicier they smell, the spicier they will be. The more you smell jalapeños, the more familiar you will become.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1173mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1572IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg