Crusted Chicken Romano (Cheesecake Factory Copycat!)
This extra-crispy Crusted Chicken Romano is a tender, juicy chicken cutlet coated in a delicious blend of Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese, and panko breadcrumbs. It’s the perfect copycat of the Cheesecake Factory recipe. Plus it uses only 6 ingredients and can be on the table in under 30 minutes!
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 chicken cutlets (medallions)
- Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon water
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- canola oil or other neutral tasting oil
Prepare ingredients by cutting chicken breasts in half horizontally and then pounding them to ¼ inch thick.
In 3 shallow dishes make the breading components. In dish number one put the flour, in dish number two the mixture of egg and water (egg wash), and in dish three the panko breadcrumbs and both cheeses.
Bread the chicken by first dipping the chicken into the flour mixture and shaking off all the excess. Next, dip in the egg wash and allow the excess to drip off. Third, coat with the breadcrumb and cheese mixture. Allow the chicken breasts to sit for five minutes before cooking.
Coat bottom of large skillet with ¼ inch of oil. Allow to heat over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts in carefully, being sure not to crowd the pan. Once the bottom is golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes, flip over and repeat on the second side. When they are done remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
To serve with spaghetti in a light tomato sauce like at the Cheesecake Factory, see the notes below.
We love comments! Please come back and leave us one after you’ve tried this recipe.
Tips & Tricks
Optional Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce
- Pound the chicken breasts super thin.
- Salt the breasts before breading them.
- Allow the breaded breasts to sit for at least 5 minutes before pan frying them. This step is extremely helpful in allowing the coating to adhere to the chicken during cooking.
- If you don't want to pound your chicken breasts, most supermarkets carry ultra-thin pieces already done for you.
Start by boiling the pasta noodles. While they are boiling, mix the marinara and cream in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the noodles are almost done, drain them and add the noodles to the skillet. Allow them to finish their last minute of cooking in the sauce.
- 1 pound of spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- a third to a half a cup of heavy cream (or half and half)
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 204IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 1mg