Easy Asian Slaw Salad
Easy Asian Slaw Salad is lite, refreshing, and packed with flavor. Fresh herbs and crunchy almonds mixed with healthy shredded cabbage and topped with a simple sesame dressing! Just 5 minutes to a delicious side dish.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 lb shredded cabbage and carrots mix
- 2 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
Add dressing ingredients to a jar and shake vigorously. It makes about 1 cup. Just enough for one full salad and a bit leftover.
Place shredded cabbage mix in a bowl or serving dish. Sprinkle on onions, cilantro, almonds, and seeds if using. Toss to distribute.
Pour half the dressing onto the salad. Toss and add more dressing as desired. If the whole salad won't be eaten in one sitting allow each person to dress their own. Store leftovers separately.
Tips & Tricks
- Make the dressing a day ahead to give the flavors a chance to meld. So good!
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet until golden, but not burnt. Toasted almonds really add a lot of flavor and crunch to the salad.
- Don't dress the salad until right before serving. It will get soggy if it soaks in the dressing too long.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 555mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 159IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg