Grilled Honey Chicken Kabobs
Grilled Honey Chicken Kabobs are made with yummy bites of tender marinated chicken, colorful veggies, and sweet pineapple. They can be made traditionally on skewers or, to make things extra easy, serve them off the skewer as a kabob platter. Enjoy with a side of rice for a perfect summertime meal!
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 6-8 chicken breasts cut into 1½-2 inch cubes (about 3 lbs of chicken)
- 1½ onions yellow or sweet, cut into ½-2 inch pieces
- 3 bell peppers any color, cut into ½-2 inch pieces
- 1 pineapple peeled and cut into 1½ inch chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over prepared chicken in a large zipper bag and marinate for 8-24 hours (the longer the better).
Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over the prepared onions and bell peppers. Stir to coat evenly.
If Not Using Skewers (unkabobs):
If Using Skewers:
Assemble skewers with even layers of chicken, veggies, and pineapple. Grill over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, rotating skewers occasionally for even cooking.
Tips & Tricks
Prep Ahead Instructions
Cut and marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge or freeze it several months ahead. Chop and refrigerate veggies and pineapple 1-2 days ahead. Grill everything fresh the day of serving.
- The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be. I recommend marinating overnight for the best results.
- If you take the unkabob route, use a grilling basket for the onions and bell peppers. There are different sizes and brands, but mine is similar to this one.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1032mg | Potassium: 903mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1514IU | Vitamin C: 115mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg