Shredded Honey Lime Chicken
Shredded Honey Lime Chicken makes ultra-flavorful tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and more! Simply shred a moist rotisserie chicken and toss it in a quick, tasty sauce made with honey, lime, and simple seasonings. In under 15 minutes you have an easy weeknight dinner that is also great for meal prep or the freezer.
Servings: 6 cups shredded chicken for tacos, enchiladas, etc.
- 1 3lb rotisserie chicken or 6 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup honey
- ⅔ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest from 1 lime
- 1½ tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Using two forks, shred the rotisserie chicken evenly. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients. Pour sauce over the shredded chicken and stir until chicken is evenly coated.
Use chicken in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or Mexican bowls. Store in the fridge for 4-5 days in an airtight container or freeze up to 4 months.
Tips & Tricks
Freeze in large container or individual portions for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature until thaw. Reheat in skillet, oven, or microwave.
- Use fresh limes for the juice and zest. I promise it tastes 1000% better than the bottled juice at the store.
- Shred the chicken while it is still warm. Saves you some hassle and time!
- Remove the skin before shredding the chicken. It doesn’t shred well and tends to fall right off the chicken, so not the best in this recipe.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 709mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 821IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg