Easy Chicken Piccata Pasta
This Easy Chicken Piccata Pasta is made with bowtie pasta and a box of ready-made chicken piccata. It’s filled with chicken, artichokes, capers, and tomatoes, all covered in a lemon garlic sauce and sprinkled with parmesan cheese! Whether serving your family or dinner guests, this recipe is a winner!
- 1 20 oz package frozen chicken piccata (I like Michael Angelo's brand)
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ 14 oz can petite dice Italian tomatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 3-5 tbsp pasta water reserved after boiling pasta
Bake chicken according to package instructions. For Michael Angelo's brand, bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add kosher salt and boil pasta for 10-12 minutes, or until al dente. Don't overcook. Reserve 5 tbsp of pasta water. Drain remaining water and set pasta aside.
Pour ½ can of tomatoes into a small bowl. Using an immersion blender, zoom tomatoes until smooth. (This step is optional. If you prefer chunky tomatoes, skip the zooming.)
Once chicken is cooked, place chicken (and large artichoke pieces) on a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces. Save the cooking juices remaining in the baking tray.
Add the chopped chicken, cooking juices, tomatoes, olive oil, and parmesan cheese to the pasta. Stir well to combine. If needed, add 3-5 tbsp of reserved pasta water until desired consistency is reached.
Serve with extra parmesan cheese!
Tips & Tricks
Make Ahead Instructions
You can make this a bit ahead of serving, but only about 1-1 ½ hours (longer and it starts to get soggy). To keep it warm, fill a crockpot with 1 inch of water and turn it on high while you make the pasta. When the pasta is finished, dump the water out of the crockpot and pour in the pasta. Turn the crockpot to keep warm and cover for 1 - 1 ½ hours.
- Don’t overcook the pasta. Cook it until it is al dente, or still slightly firm to the bite. It will continue to cook slightly once the other ingredients are mixed in.
- Chop the chicken and artichokes small enough to fit on a fork for easy eating.
- Use real, freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor (please don’t use the green can of powdered parmesan cheese).
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 1504mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg