A simple 4 ingredient sauce or filling using frozen triple berries. So delectable you will want to eat it straight off the spoon.
I have a sauce (or filling) that is going to blow your mind. And your nostrils. Really. Just try simmering this on the stove. No need for a candle. Trying to sell your home? This might even beat the smell of fresh bread. Such a hard choice though. If it were up to me I wouldn't want to risk so I would make both. House sold! (Legal disclaimer: I make no guarantees.😉)
On a lazy weekend morning I will put this on the back of the stove while I add water to a store-bought waffle mix. Close your ears if you don't want to hear that a food blogger uses just add water waffle mix. I all depends on how I am feeling. This is an instance where a couple minutes investing in one part of breakfast will reap a morning full of, "Oh, Mom! What smell so amazing?" or "Your the best, Mom." or if it's coming from my youngest son you will get a nod. I take what I can get.
When we go camping in the summer I make this ahead and use it in a shortcut cobbler recipe. Bring on the campfire! But really, if I don't make this the family doesn't count it as a true camping experience.
Why it's Great
- It's so versatile. What can you not use it on? Maybe mushrooms? I have used this on pancakes, waffles, and ice cream. It is splendid in cobbler, pie, turnovers, hand pies, and yogurt.
- It takes 4 simple ingredients that you probably have in your freezer and pantry already.
- From start to finish it's no longer than 10 minutes. Bam! Homemade deliciousness in a jif.
- Better than any candle. Your house will smell like a bakery.
Frozen Triple Berry Mix
How to Make Triple Berry Filling, Sauce, and Topping
This is so simple. Put all the ingredients into a sauce pan over low to medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. You can leave it thinner for a sauce or thicker for a filling. It is perfect as is but if you want it smoother feel free to blend to desired consistency. For an even smoother sauce strain the seeds out by pushing through a metal strainer.
How long can triple berry filling store?
If you place it in the refrigerator it will keep for a week to 10 days. In the freezer it will last 3-6 months. I like to make a double batch and store some for the future.
Can I use fresh berries?
Yes, fresh berries will work here beautifully. Go for 7-8 cups.
Ways to eat it up...
- Spoon some of it on top of this Lemon Yogurt Cake. A dollop of whipped cream and you are good to go.
- These Famous Farm Pancakes are a family favorite.
- Inside this amazing Shortcut Cobbler!
👋 Connect with us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it is! We’d also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Tag @borrowedbites or hashtag #borrowedbites to show us your food! To get our new recipes straight to your email, subscribe to our newsletter.
The Best Triple Berry Filling, Sauce, and Topping
- 2 pounds triple berry mix frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cornstarch plus more if needed
- Mix together ingredients in a sauce pan. Use 3 tablespoons of cornstarch if you are making a sauce or topping. Use 4 tablespoons of cornstarch if you want a filing.
- Over medium heat cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Allow to cook. If you want a smoother finished product blend to desired texture. If it's still too chunky strain through a metal strainer until all seeds are removed. Store until ready to use.